PRESENTED IN FIVE LIVE 10-MINUTE SESSIONS VIA ZOOM WITH INTERACTIVE Q&A
Join United Way Area Agency on Aging (UWAAA) and Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) for five FREE online presentations on five consecutive days in May. Each LIVE presentation will include interactive Q&A. You’ll learn from experts in Medicare, long-term care and legal services, as well as from the Alabama Securities Commission, about keeping your personal and financial information safe and secure from scammers.
Join host Susan Hackney, UWAAA’s SHIP and SMP Coordinator as she discusses identity theft, fraud and financial elder abuse with these area professionals:
- Monday, May 24 – Laysea Chasteen, Director, United Way Area Agency on Aging: “Services for Savvy Seniors – Who We Are at the Area Agency and How We Help Seniors in Jefferson County”
- Tuesday, May 25 – Faith Feaga, Public Information Specialist, Alabama Securities Commission: “How to Avoid Scams and Fraud!”
- Wednesday, May 26 – Faye Doss Suggs and Le Kira Wright, Attorneys with Legal Services of Alabama: “Who Can I Trust with My Money? What If I Don’t Trust Them Anymore?”
- Thursday, May 27 – Sheree Head and Morgan Rhodes, Ombusdman with UWAAA: “Protecting Our Most Vulnerable Seniors in Nursing Homes”
- Friday, May 28 – Janelle Sanders, Specialist at UWAAA’s Aging and Disability Resource Center: “Helping with Medicare Issues and More”
Tune in at 10 a.m. each day and join the conversation that could save you from potential pitfalls!
To register, click here or call 1-800-AGE-LINE.
Made possible through a partnership between Senior Medicare Patrol and the Alabama Securities Commission. Supported in part by a grant (No. 90MPRC0002) from the Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Points of view or opinions do not necessarily represent official ACL or DHHS policy.